Talk 5 – Highlight
Emotional Health and Clinical Pain – from
Dr. Andrea Maikovich-Fong (303 360-1314)
Kaiser East Clinic
Don’t pour out from an empty cup – Must invest in yourself and build a foundation
- Take a break from caregiving. ...
- Get support. ...
- Practice communication and behavior management skills
- ...Social connection, physical activity and play
- Take care of your health. ...nutrition & rest (sleep)
- Ask for and accept help when offered. ...
- Change “guilt” to “regret.”...
- Forgive yourself—often.
Andrea Maikovich-Fong, PhD, and ABPP – Andrea is a board-certified clinical health psychologist who has worked extensively with cancer patients and survivors. She is currently working for Kaiser Permanente in Denver, Colorado.
Talk 6 – Highlight
Review and Caregiving information from:
Suretha Chamblin – Daily Self-Care Information
Shirley Swain – Communication Behavioral Management
Evelyn McVay – Nutrition, Rest and Sleep
“Resources for the Family”
Special Guest Eric Richardson Lutheran Family Services
The Lutheran Family Services Rocky Mountains
Provides these services:
- Short-term and Long-term care needs
- Community Resources to meet your family needs
- Support groups to help you increase your skills as a caregiver
- Navigate aging programs including insurance, Medicaid, Social Security, nursing and homes home care agencies
- Financial assistance to help you take a break